Monday, December 31, 2007

Had a strange experience today but in a good way..

I have to tell you all about this strange experience that I had today. It was a kind of surreal moment but it brought tears to my eyes in some way.

I was sitting on the sofa watching t.v. and I could see some birds playing in the rather bedraggled forsythia bush that is touching the front window. When all of a sudden I saw a flash of red. I looked closely and a beautiful robin came hopping out of the branches and sat on one of the outside branches and looked straight at me. This may not be a strange experience to some but it is when another robin suddenly comes from nowhere and sits right next to this robin. The proceeded to look in the living room window for a good 5 mins. Then with a bob of their heads they flew off. What really was strange is that we have a resident robin in the back garden but in all the years we have lived here we have never ever seen one robin round the front, let alone two.

Now me being me had a lovely thought when I saw these two robins, and I would like to think that they were possibly my mum and my nan come to let me know that they are looking over me and wanted to wish me Happy New Year! It may have been utter nonsense but I have a gut feeling about this and we do get strange things happen, for example seeing a squirrel in our garden for three days then totally disappearing when my cat Barney died a couple of years ago. Bearing in mind we have never seen a squirrel in our garden in the 14 years we have lived here, and have not seen a squirrel since.

I had a lovely warm feeling once the robins had gone, although I will admit I did have a wee cry to myself.

No comments:

Asbestos or not asbestos..that is the question.

Well after my little water leakage disaster in our living room the other day what I thought was going to be a simple insurance claim and a s...