Saturday, September 06, 2008

A - Z of Homemaking..

I borrowed this little meme from Somerset Seasons blog.

A ~Aprons--y/n.  If y, what does your fav. look like? Oh definately yes, I am a sucker for a preety apron! My favourite is a 100% cotton one which is white with small pink rosebuds on.

B ~ Baking--Favorite thing to bake? Lemon drizzle cake, chewy oaty cookies - basically anything that is good old traditional food.

C ~ Clothes line? Yep, I just bought a new one a couple of months ago funnily enough, a pink whirly line, and an indoor airer, which I have literally just bought as my other one was too small. The new one takes about 4 loads of washing...

D ~ Donuts--Have you ever made them? Nope although I have often thought about making them.

E ~ Everyday--One homemaking thing you do everyday? I am forever feeding cats or dogs, well it seems like that..lol. And trying out new recipes for D to try when he gets home from work.

F ~ Freezer--Do you have a separate deep freeze? I have a chest freezer which is full, and an upright freezer which is also full!! I am also planning on getting a fridge/freezer when my kitchen is done soon - woah that means I will have 3 freezers..eeps!!

G ~ Garbage Disposer? I compost the veggie peelings, flowers etc, recycle anything that can be recycled - the rest gets put out for the bin men once a fortnight.

H ~ Handbook--What is your favourite homemaking resource? I don't have ak favourite book I tend to use several that I constantly refer to - Kim and Aggie's Cleaning Bible, Home Comforts are just two of them. Plus I use the internet too.

I ~ Ironing--Love it or Hate it? Or hate it but love the results? Well I don't hate it but I don't do it as often as I should do, but I absolutely love seeing everything all freshly ironed when it does get done :-)

J ~ Junk Drawer--y/n? Where is it? Ooops now my guilty secret is out - I have one in every room!!

K ~ Kitchen--color and decorating scheme. At the moment it is a delapitated white kitchen with falling apart units, but as of next month it will be brand new. I am going for a white shaker design, chrome sink, black worktops and pink and white accessories :-)

L ~ Love--what is your favorite part of homemaking? The whole keeping house, cooking etc..

M ~ Mop--y/n? No, kitchen floor is too small.ds

N ~ Nylons, machine or hand wash? I prefer to machine wash my clothes where possible.

O ~ Oven--do you use the window or open the oven to check? The oven is a double oven which has windows both doors.

P ~ Pizza--What do you put on yours? BBQ chicken, pineapple, ham and roasted onions.

Q ~ Quiet--What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment? Sit at the dining table with a cup of tea watching all the birds feeding in my garden.

R ~ Recipe Card Box--y/n? What does it look like? Nope, I have several recipe books instead which I constantly refer to.

S ~Style of house--What style is your house? 1970's semi detached house in a small close where everyone knows each other.

T ~ Tablecloths or Placemats? Depends what mood I am as to whether I use a tablecloth, but I definately use placements.

U ~ Under the kitchen sink--organized or toxic wasteland? Kind of organised but could be improved on, but definately non-toxic. i have got rid of all the chemical cleaners and use all natural homemade ingredients - bicarbonate of soda, white vinegar, lemon juice, borax and washing soda crystals.

V ~ Vacuum--How many times per week? Every other day - upstairs one day then downstairs the other day. Have to do it like this as we have two dogs and two cats.

W ~ Wash--How many loads of laundry do you do per week? Normally one a day, sometimes two - and there's only two of us!!

X's--Do you keep a daily list of things to do that you cross off? I have to otherwise I forget what needs doing. Even my DH emails me a list of things that I have mentioned to him that need doing, when he gets to work in the mornings.!!

Y ~ Yard--y/n? Who does what? We have a garden as it's the UK, but it's a joint thing although DH mows the lawn and trims the bushes/trees/shrubs. I plan what plants we are going to put in where, I am also in charge of the vegetable area. But the garden is being redesigned over the winter and I am in charge of this most definately..lol

ZZZ's--what is your last homemaking task for the day before going to bed? Wash up the cups from our pre-bedtime drink, pick up odds and ends around the living room, put the dogs toys away in their box and just generally a quick plump up of cushions.

No comments:

Asbestos or not asbestos..that is the question.

Well after my little water leakage disaster in our living room the other day what I thought was going to be a simple insurance claim and a s...