Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Wednesday's witterings..

Ugh it's 6.15am and I'm wide awake for some reason. It also seems two cats are wide awake too!! D goes off to work in the icy weather - the two dogs go back to sleep and the cats start chasing each other around the house, it sounds like a herd of elephants so I dread to think what it sounds like to the neighbours.

Well at long last the decorating, in the lounge, is finished - bless D, it has only taken him since March of last year!! Now I've got to deep clean the carpet and empty one of the dressers, and then put stuff back to where it belongs that I packed up before we started decorating. Although I might just send everything that is in the boxes down to the charity shop in town.

Also the kitchen is almost finished now. P put all the units in for us, although we did have a dilemma when the new F/F arrived - it wouldn't fit in the alcove allowed!! So P had to cut the worktop down a bit, after it was fitted, to accomodate the fridge freezer but it was definately worth it. For some reason the kitchen now looks bigger, how I don't know as there are more units than the old kitchen. All that's left is to paint the walls, make the curtain blinds and curtains and then strip the floor and relay the new one.

Thankfully the really cold weather spell has gone, it's finally normal temperatures. My poor little house couldn't keep up with the temperature even though we had the heating on 24 hours. I wish I had got a fancy fire fitted during the redecoration of the living room but you can't have everything can you? Still hopefully we won't get weather like that for awhile.

Ooooh something strange happened after Christmas - a couple of the children I was in my childrens home with, back in 1984, got in touch with me. I hadn't heard from them for 25 years - weird!!! But it was good as I found out one of them only lives 5 miles away from me - now how weird is that?

I met up with T the other friday and it was fantastic - those 25 years just disappeared and we chatted for England over lunch at her place. It was a shame to have to say goodbye. But the good news is that we are going to make it a regular thing to meet up, well there's no excuse really is there as she only lives up the road from me.

Also I've been talking to L as well, from the childrens home, so we hope to meet up as well.

How weird is this, last year it was my old friends from my old school that got in touch, this year it's my old childrens home - what will it be next year???

Oh well better get dressed so I can get to Asda early - need to pick up the ingredients for dinner tonight - Balsamic glazed lamb chops with asparagus and mash, mmmm!!!

No comments:

Asbestos or not asbestos..that is the question.

Well after my little water leakage disaster in our living room the other day what I thought was going to be a simple insurance claim and a s...