Saturday, August 19, 2006

For Barney - 1 Year On...



The friend


He sat there in the corner,
Bespectacled, old and sad:
Beside him in a basket was
The only friend he had.
His cheeks were stained with teardrops,
His heart weighed down with fear,
In silent prayer his lips moved
He knew the end was near.
"Mr Jones" a voice called quietly,
He was gently ushered through:
As he went my thoughts were with him,
Been down that sad road too.
What seemed hours were but minutes,
Yet the minutes they dragged on:
As he approached I dared to wonder,
But the basket - it had gone.
Words were useless at that moment,
Then he raised his weary head,
To this day I remember clearly
And recall each word he said.
"she is not dead, just sleeping
In a world that's safe and free,
I take comfort from the knowledge
She'll be waiting there for me.
She and I we share a friendship,
And a trust no one could bend:
We confided in each other
As one does an only friend.
From now on I may be lonely
But I'll never be alone,
For in spirit she'll be with me
Until the day she calls me home."
That was many years ago now
But those words I still recall
Every time a dear friend leaves me,
For they truly say it all

Author::: Janet Chambers.

Barney - 1 year on I still miss you my darling cat...

No comments:

Asbestos or not asbestos..that is the question.

Well after my little water leakage disaster in our living room the other day what I thought was going to be a simple insurance claim and a s...