Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Sad day for my town..

Have just heard from a friend of mine that the paper mill here is going to shut down for good in April. There are going to be a lot of people out of jobs here.. It will probably turn this place into even more of a ghost town.

I wonder what will happen to the place as its attached to the main railway and has a lot of history connected to it. I expect Asda will probably put a bid in for it, they have been dying to get into the main town and this is the perfect opportunity for them.

I feel sorry for my next door neighbour who has just come home from having 5 weeks in a london hospital after having a brain tumour removed. At the moment he is on sick leave from the mill, but it looks like he won't have a job to go back to when he returns eventually.

Sad day for my little town, especially as the paper mill dominates our town a heck of a lot.

No comments:

Asbestos or not asbestos..that is the question.

Well after my little water leakage disaster in our living room the other day what I thought was going to be a simple insurance claim and a s...