Monday, March 31, 2008

Finally movement on Mum's estate..




At long last we have some sort of movement regarding Mum's estate. I cannot believe it has been nearly 18mths and we are only just at the selling of Mum's house. But the good news is that the property has sold, obviously subject to contract. And it has gone for more than any of us even envisaged. The property above went for just under £40,000 more than myself or my stepbrother had guessed at..who would have believed it. I mean the house is falling down inside, and it also has major dry rot and damp. Hat's off to whoever has bought it as they are going to have to spend a good £20,000 on it, if not more.

Now onto finding out what happens next and that means I have to talk to the solicitor that is handling the estate - oh that should be fun NOT!! There is all Mum's furniture and belongings still to be disposed of, and I am not letting a total stranger near them. Mum would hate to think that a stranger is going through her personal bits.

Who knows by the time we get to the 2nd anniversary of Mum's death it might finally have all been sorted out..

No comments:

Asbestos or not asbestos..that is the question.

Well after my little water leakage disaster in our living room the other day what I thought was going to be a simple insurance claim and a s...