Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A pottering we will go..

Woke up at 5.30am coughing, and try as hard as I could I just couldn't get to sleep. Then the dogs figured out that I was awake so I had to get up in the end. I think D is beginning to wonder if he is ever going to eat his breakfast in peace again.. Probably doesn't help that I didn't really stop pottering about when I was up. Cat tray needed emptying, washing put on, D's breakfast things to wash up, two cats wanted feeding - Amycat didn't bother to get up though!!

Waved goodbye to D as he headed off to work and I then sorted out my repeat prescription to take to the Doctors. I then decided to drive to the surgery to pop it into the post box outside the surgery. Not many people around at that time of the morning!!

It was a pleasant drive, even though it is only 5 mins away.

Stopped and watched the old sow in the farm along the route. I don't normally see her when I am going there for eggs, she's normally fast asleep in her shelter. The geese, goats and chickens were all feeding, so I guess the farmer hadn't long fed them.

I then sat and watched the rabbits playing in one of the fields. Then as I was driving back noticed the grouse were out in the hay fields. Wow never realised there was so much wildlife activity, in all the fields, at this time of the morning.

Then as the crematorioum was open I poppedto say hi to Mum and dead head her rose bush. Saw a few other people in there too - perhaps they pop in on the way to work.

Then it was time to drive home to get a cup of tea, and breakfast of cereal of warm milk.

After breakfast I tackled the mound of ironing that I had sorted out yesterday.

Think I will do a bit of baking later - I am going to have a go at Jenny's boiled fruit cake, plus some cherry oat cookies.

Didn't do the cooking unfortunately, I ended up doing some more on my needleroll exchange piece while watching a weepy film on t.v. Still it was a nice enjoyable way to spend an afternoon.

In the evening after dinner and while D was walking the dogs I decided to make those cherry oat cookies. So there I was at 9.30pm baking, and I took the last batch out of the oven at 10.30pm. Still they come out lovely and we had a couple with our bedtime drink.

No comments:

Asbestos or not asbestos..that is the question.

Well after my little water leakage disaster in our living room the other day what I thought was going to be a simple insurance claim and a s...