Monday, February 11, 2008

40 today..

Well I turn 40 today, an age I thought was a long time away when I was in my late twenties. You know it doesn't feel possible as I don't even feel 40. Wonder if this is how everyone feels when they reach this age.

Have had a lovely start to the day - DH spoilt me rotten as did my inlaws and D's relatives. I have also got an abundance of that 40 confetti everywhere in my house. I think D had a mad half hour and just put it anywhere. I have some on the bed, on the bedside table, in my card and in the present wrapper paper. I even found some in the bath!! And he has got me one of those age badges. Do you know I have never had a badge like that before, or not that I can remember. Isn't that sad!!

Just had the most special surprise delivered. My DH, who is not one for romantic gestures or gesture of anykind really, had arranged for a bouquet of flowers from M&S to be delivered to me.
What a surprise that was I can tell you, I bawled my eyes out and rung him to thank him and told him off for doing that.. What am I like..lol
Just goes to show even the most unromantic person can surprise you.. I mean my Dave is not tactile or anything, he even finds it difficult holding hands in public.. After 21 years of being together he can still surprise me. Ack I have just realised that we have been married for 19 years if we have been together 21 years..omg!!


No comments:

Asbestos or not asbestos..that is the question.

Well after my little water leakage disaster in our living room the other day what I thought was going to be a simple insurance claim and a s...