Monday, February 25, 2008

Gift of stitching is back..phew!!

I thought I was losing the plot, with this darn cold, when I tried to log into The Gift of Stitching to download the past two years magazines due to my hard drive dying on me. I kept getting this really weird site that was in way anything to do with Kirsten's site. Then I finally found this while checking through google. It is an article that I found posted on Independant Needlework News blog.

Hello everyone,

Well… this is very embarrassing and I’ve been up since 4am trying to fix the problem. Basically our domain thegiftofstitching.com has expired, we didn’t know it was going to and now we have to negotiate and buy it back from a parking domain business that likes to profit out of people wanting their expired domains back. OK, lesson learnt the hard way. Buy this domain back is going to take sometime - up to 2 weeks.

In the meantime we have bought www.thegiftofstitching.com.au and are currently working with the hosting company to get it attached to our account so we can get the website up and running again. This will take up to 72 hours to travel around the world and update all the servers. Hopefully most will see it in the next 48 hours. Keep coming back and press refresh to see if it has started to work.

Once the domain is working for me, I will be sending out extensive emails so all subscribers/retailers/designers so they know what is going on.

Thanks for your patience, I am really sorry this has happened. We are working as quick as possible to get this fixed.

Kind regards,
Kirsten

Kirsten Edwards
Editor
The Gift of Stitching
www.thegiftofstitching.com

No comments:

Asbestos or not asbestos..that is the question.

Well after my little water leakage disaster in our living room the other day what I thought was going to be a simple insurance claim and a s...