Friday, February 08, 2008

The end of an institution..

It was a sad day on Wednesday when it was announced that the BBC is going to axe a childrens t.v. programme called Grange Hill. This programme was part of my childhood, I grew up watchng the likes of Tucker Jenkins, Tricia Yates and Benny Green getting up to who knows what while at school. For 3o years this programme has been going and now the powers to be have decided that our schools are too hard hitting and Grange Hill cannot cope with trying to show real life school dramas.

Click on link to find out all about Grange Hill


Ok I know in the scheme of things it isn't that major but hey to this 40year old *well nearly 40* it is the end of a childhood institution.

Yet on another note I have had a happy evening going through a lot of my old childhood programmes on You Tube. The likes of The Tomorrow People, The Ghosts of Motley Hall, Pipkins, Pinky and Perky and Animal Magic. Oh those were the days..

No comments:

Asbestos or not asbestos..that is the question.

Well after my little water leakage disaster in our living room the other day what I thought was going to be a simple insurance claim and a s...