Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Sad news about Barney

My 18yr old cat Barney has been wobbling around a bit on her back legs, over the past few days so I took her to the vets this afternoon and it looks like she has had a mini stroke which has caused some paralasis - but its only one of her back legs. She seems to be coping really well though and isnt in any pain or crying. She just gets a bit frustrated because she keeps having to sit down then gets up and starts again..bless her. She also seems to be partially blind as well as partially deaf too. Poor little thing..but she is using her whiskars to get around, and as long as we dont change anything then in the house or garden then she should be okay..

But bless her she is doing really well - she is still eating, and is still going outside to do her business so that is a big bonus. And she will adjust to walking with a bad leg..but as DH said "she is 18,," but she's my baby girl, I've had her since she was a 12 week kitten and I cant believe she is that old. She also seems very disorientated for a bit, then perks up, still as long as she is eating and stuff then that is the main thing I suppose. I just hope this isnt the quick way downhill for her..I would be devastated if anything happened to her. I know its coming but well ....

No comments:

Asbestos or not asbestos..that is the question.

Well after my little water leakage disaster in our living room the other day what I thought was going to be a simple insurance claim and a s...