Monday, August 22, 2005

Weekend..

Well the weekend was really different..lol.

The carpet was delivered nice and early, so early that we were still moving the furniture around and out the house..! But thankfully we didnt have to move the three piece suite out, the men just put it up one end of the room while they layed the carpet, then moved it to the other end while laying the other bit of the carpet. Wow is all I can say, they only took half an hour to lay a 25ft carpet..I was impressed. Ok just cos I am sad, here's a pic of my new carpet. Yep I know its sad..but hey its my carpet..lol

After the carpet was done we decided to drive over to Sheerness for the afternoon, and guess who had to drive..yep muggins here. Thats the last time I suggest we take my car, I think that means "I'll drive as we are taking my car" aaahhh!! So I decided to drive as I normally would going over to the island..fast!! Poor D he got a white knuckle ride..hehehe. Didn't really get a lot over there..we did go and investigate the Swale FM road show. Heheehe that was funny, it was a white transit van in the middle of Sheerness high street - sad!! Wonder if there whole studio was in that van..I do feel sorry for the people of Sheerness if the only radio station we have dedicated to Swale comes out of a transit van..:-) Oh wait I live in Swale too..oops!! Now I know why I listen to Radio 2 and Invicta :-)

Anyway after taking all of 10 minutes to walk around Sheerness, we popped into Tesco's for lunch. Ok someone remind me never to have lunch or come to think of it, anything to eat in Tescos. Basically its "crap"!!!

We made a hasty exit after downing a horrible cup of tea and a very shrivelled up jacket potato, to Wheelans. Which is the main concrete stone ornament place for the whole of the UK. Now that is sad too, the stone ornaments come from Sheerness.. Anyway I brought a gorgeous stone cat, that is curled up asleep, and it really looks like Barney asleep..so I had to have it, and it is now placed on her grave at the bottom of the garden.

Sundy we did absolutely nothing, well nothing of any significance anyway. D put the curtain pole up for the new curtains up the near end of the living room, and I put the curtains up. The ones on the patio doors are still in the packet, they will go up this week though. And boy what a difference a new coloured carpet and cream curtains have made to the living room. It has opened up the room totally, so now the 25ft looks more like 30ft..and very warm!!

No comments:

Asbestos or not asbestos..that is the question.

Well after my little water leakage disaster in our living room the other day what I thought was going to be a simple insurance claim and a s...