Friday, May 12, 2006

101 things in 1001 days.

The Mission:
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.

The Criteria:
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).

Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as new year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities

Some common goal setting tips:

1. Be decisive. Know exactly what you want, why you want it, and how you plan to achieve it.

2. Stay Focussed. Any goal requires sustained focus from beginning to end. Constantly evaluate your progress.

3. Welcome Failure. Frequently, very little is learned from a venture that did not experience failure in some form. Failure presents the opportunity to learn and makes the success more worthy.

4. Write down your goals. It clarifies your thinking and reinforces your commitment.

5. Keep your goals in sight. Review them frequently, and ensure that they are always at the forefront of your thinking.

As seen on Triplux

Well here's my list and believe me it has taken me awhile to figure out what I was going to put on this list..


General:

  1. Make this list..aaaahhh
  2. Fill in a birthday card database
  3. Clean my car by hand, not taking it to a carwash
  4. Clean my laptop on a regular basis - i.e. defrag, clean cookies, cache etc..
  5. Clear all my debts and have money in the bank
  6. Start walking my dog every day
  7. Send out birthday cards BEFORE the actual birthdays
  8. Make all birthday cards for my exchanges
  9. Save all my 20p's, 10p's and 5p's for 6 months
  10. Release some balloons for charity
  11. Keep a record of all finances
  12. Buy all Christmas presents before Winter Solstice (21st December)
  13. Buy birthday presents BEFORE birthday's for family and special friends
  14. See a show in London
  15. Clear ironing pile, and keep ironing uptodate
  16. Send a postcard once a week to someone different for 3 months
  17. Send a friend flowers or a gift just because....
  18. Read The Times newspaper every day for a month
  19. Find a local farmers market and shop there once a month for 3 months
  20. Feed the ducks
  21. Go to Oxford for a day trip
  22. Be a tourist in London for a day
  23. Do touristy things in London
  24. Donate or throw away 101 items in 1001 days
  25. See "We Will Rock You" the musical with D
  26. Go back to Paris for the day
  27. Buy flowers every week for a month

    Home and Garden:

  28. Go through boxes in loft and throw out what I dont want *be ruthless*
  29. Sort out boxes in spare room and throw out what I dont want or give to charity
  30. Paint living room
  31. Declutter rooms in the house
  32. Paint toilet/bathroom
  33. Buy new bed
  34. Buy new living room furniture
  35. Replace kitchen units
  36. Redo my herb garden
  37. Weed the front garden once a week for 3 months
  38. Weed the back garden once a week for 3 months
  39. Paint front garden metal fence
  40. Bake a cake every week for 3 months *this was hubby's idea as he is addicted to my banana bread*
  41. Cook one receipe from every cookbook I own
  42. Make a gingerbread house at Christmas
  43. Clean windows inside and out once a month for 6 months
  44. Grow a vegetable garden
  45. Be self sufficient from vegetable garden for a month
  46. Defrost both freezers
  47. Clear out junk cupboard under the stairs
  48. Use my icecream maker at least once a month during the summer months
  49. Keep ontop of my "flylady" housework lists for the 1001 days
  50. Plan menus for our evening meals and keep to this for 101 days
  51. Make Strawberry/Rhubarb pie
  52. Get the carpets cleaned
  53. Make soup in the winter
  54. Bake bread every week all winter

    Hobbies:

  55. Sort out spare room and turn into my craft room
  56. Cross stitch something for me
  57. Go to stitching Get Togethers at least twice
  58. Join a cross stitch club

    Me:

  59. Drink 8 glasses of water a day for a week
  60. Have a professional massage
  61. Have Reiki or Indian Head Massage
  62. Fly a kite
  63. Go on a picnic
  64. Make 1001 blog posts
  65. Build a sandcastle
  66. Go for a romantic nature walk
  67. Meet a friend once a month
  68. Learn web design - take a course
  69. Build my webpage/blog on server space
  70. Email a different stitching BB friend every other day for 3 months
  71. Stop biting nails
  72. Have a professional make over
  73. Have hair cut and highlighted at least twice
  74. Get up as soon as I wake up and before 9am for every day for a month
  75. Go to sleep (not read a book) before 11.30pm every night for a month
  76. Meet at least one online stitching friend
  77. Overcome anxiety attacks
  78. Buy some really sexy underwear *the full works, suspenders, thongs etc..*
  79. Meet up with a blogging buddy
  80. Learn to meditate
  81. Go through all my clothes/underwear and throw away/donate all I dont wear or dont fit anymore due to being too big for me now
  82. Have marital relations at least 3 days a week for a month
  83. Go for a 30min walk every other day for a month *this can be included with #6*
  84. Get new glasses
  85. Have a professional facial
  86. Get some new penpals and keep up with correspondence, write at least once every other week, mustn't lapse once during the 1001 days
  87. Learn to love myself
  88. Accept compliments
  89. Build up my self confidence
  90. Go to a Solstice party
  91. Go to Witchfest 2007 in Croydon
  92. Take a professional course in Tarot card reading
  93. Have three Tarot/Crystal/Palm readings
  94. Write a letter to my mum telling her how I feel and unleashing all the pain from the past 20 years. Then burn it and get on with my life.
  95. Pick wildflowers
  96. Renew my passport
  97. Go to the Zoo
  98. Have breakfast and lunch every day for 101 days
  99. Weigh less at the end of 1001 days than I did at the beginning of 1001 days
  100. Learn Hardanger embroidery

  101. Start another 101 things to do in 1001 days when this one is nearing the end

No comments:

Asbestos or not asbestos..that is the question.

Well after my little water leakage disaster in our living room the other day what I thought was going to be a simple insurance claim and a s...