Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Monday 23rd June 2008

Didn't get up until quite late this morning, well 9am. It's later than my early starts have been. Had a leisurely breakfast while watching a consumer programme on t.v.

Watched the birds fighting over the water bowl and seeds in the garden. A bit worried as I haven't seem my mouse family for a few days.

Noticed yesterday that the rose I planted in mums memory is breaking out of bud and it also has another 6 buds. This is its first full year and it has done me proud.



I also noticed that the rose bush on mum's grave, at the crematorium is also about to bloom. Must go up there again in a few days, with my camera, and take a photo. It would be lovely if it was still blooming for her birthday in July.

The rose I planted for nan has got one more bud on it left to flower, can't complain though I managed to get 3 rose buds cut and put in vases for a while.




Managed to wash the dog beds today – blimey I didn't realise how bad they were until after they were washed. They came out a lovely white rather than a dull grey they went in.

The vegetables in the garden are growing lovely now. I even have small beans growing on one of the bean plants I rescued from the slugs. I also notice another bean plant is recovering so maybe we will get a reasonable crop later.

The potatoes in the front garden will need digging up in the next week or so.

Tomorrow I have a few chores that must get done – prescription from Dr's, repot the small tomatoe plant, ironing pile to clear, small load of washing to do – making the most of the lovely weather. Clean the chairs outside so that I can sit out and have lunch on the patio.

Today I am thankful for my cats and their unconditional love, especially Amycat.

No comments:

Asbestos or not asbestos..that is the question.

Well after my little water leakage disaster in our living room the other day what I thought was going to be a simple insurance claim and a s...