Saturday, June 14, 2008

Thursday 12th June 2008

Up early again 6.00am. Not sure I'm that keen on these early starts seeings as I'm not sleeping until midnight each night, and that's by going to bed at 11pm. I normally read until I start to fall asleep. Have tried going earlier but that seems to make it worse. Still I'll hopefully lie in next week as D has a week off so he won't be up and about early. Which also means Jet gets up too early and wakes me up by bouncing around with his favourite toy, a stuffed choggy.

Sat watching the birds feeding this morning in the early morning rain. It doesn't seem to deter them, although mousey hasn't been to feed this morning. Mr and Mrs Dove never came down earlier but I did seem them later during the day.

Hoping to plant the cabbage seedlings out. I have decided to plant them in the front garden – that should confuse the neighbours when they seem them growing.

I might plant a couple of rhubarb plants out the front too as I have a big enough gap between the recently planted Red Robin and the Forsythia. Now that will really worry the neighbours, although if I know them they will probably take it in their stride – know me from old!!

Mousey did come back this afternoon, and he had brought his family, Mrs Mouse and Baby mouse to feed on the bird feeder. It was lovely to watch them feeding. Then they went scuttling off to their home in the compost heap behind the forsythia bush at the back of the garden.

We have gained a new resident in the garden – a Wood Pigeon. I am now wondering if this is who is eating my poor bean seedlings. I am going to get some pea netting I think. Gods I never thought it was so fraught growing vegetables..lol

No comments:

Asbestos or not asbestos..that is the question.

Well after my little water leakage disaster in our living room the other day what I thought was going to be a simple insurance claim and a s...