Monday, June 30, 2008

Monday 30th June

Earlyish start this morning. A really pleasant morning just watching the birds feeding and various other wildlife. Sadly still no sign of my mouse family. But Mr and Mrs Dove have made a welcome return.

Over the weekend C had her baby and they have called her Sara, so my 8 year old niece T has got a baby step sister. While we were out shopping at the weekend we picked up a wee gift to send up to Sara.

I've also finally got all of my outfit, including shoes, for the reunion on the 18th July.

Had to bury a grown up thrush this morning. Poor thing must have flown into the french doors while I was upstairs. The poor bird wasn't there before I went up, and I was gone a matter of minutes. Still at least she died instantly. Poor wee thing.

Spent the morning mending items of clothing and gernerally pottering around.

Made a couple of crumbles with the rhubarb bought at the weekend. Now just to find room in the freezer for them.

Several small wash loads on the new pink whirly gig line in the garden. Yep it is pink - Argos is doing a new "Pink Lady" range and I just had to buy the washing line. Quite fortunate the old whirly gig broke friday!!

Must sontact the solicitors re Mums' will sometimes this weekend as well as my cousins. Hopefully now the house is sold we can come to a satisfactory closing of Mums' estate.

No comments:

Asbestos or not asbestos..that is the question.

Well after my little water leakage disaster in our living room the other day what I thought was going to be a simple insurance claim and a s...