Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Saturday 14th June 2008

Had a reasonable leisurely start to the morning – thankfully it wasn't 6.30am.

Sat and had a cuppa while listening to the radio, and D walked the dogs. Hoped it wouldn't rain which thankfully it didn't.

We went to Bexley just before lunch, where D bought his new car. Couldn't believe how long it took though – by the time we came out we had been in there for over 2 hours. But during this time D got himself a new car in silver, and a wee bit bigger than his one at the moment. So at the moment it is somewhere on a boat being shipped over. We pick it up in about 10 days time. Bet I don't get to drive this one either – he's had the one he's got at the moment for 3 years and I haven't driven it once. So the new one won't be any different. Maybe if I hadn't got my own car!!

We then had a pleasant afternoon mooching in Bexleyheath. I picked up some more Yankee Candle wax tarts – Sparkling Lemon, French Vanilla, Good Morning and Home Sweet Home.

I also got "Eating for Victory", a book with repoductions of official second war instruction leaflets. And I think I have found the outfit to wear to my school reunion next month. I'll try it on and if it's ok I'll buy it next time I am near the shop.

Then the evening was spent doing nothing but watching a film together and catching up on a couple of Tivo'd House episodes.

No comments:

Asbestos or not asbestos..that is the question.

Well after my little water leakage disaster in our living room the other day what I thought was going to be a simple insurance claim and a s...