Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Lovely craft day at the weekend..

This weekend was really good. We went to D's parents in Seaford for the 2 days, mainly with the intention of stopping there as I was visiting friends in Polegate and it was a long journey to do in one day. Oh yep you can do it, but it would have been very tiring for me, so we decided against it.

Anyway after the long journey to his parents, where I had to drive seeing as D said it was my car..I dropped him off at his mum and dads and then drove over to Polegate to K's place. It was absolutely smashing. I had a laugh and a good old natter and made some new friends. K's place is just lovely and she did us proud with the lunch. I supplied the lemon cake, which went down really well

These are the cards I did for the card swap that K had organised between the girls:
























Afterwards I drove home to the inlaws and had a quietish evening.

Sunday we had a family get-together as D's aunt and uncle came round for sunday dinner and we exchanged Christmas presents. Yep I know I said Christmas, its just we don't get to see them very often and we have to wait 'till we do see each other to exchange pressies. Last year it wasnt until November that presents were exchanged so at least we were a bit earlier this year..

The meal was lovely as is normally is when we go to the inlaws, although the only bad bit was that I had a panic attack just before the meal. Unfortunately everything had got to me with the driving to Seaford yesterday, then the afternoon at K's and then Sunday. So it took it out of me. Anyway I recovered after shutting myself in the bedroom for a while and just collected myself together.

Then I had the lovely drive back home in the evening - but I was thankful when we finally got home. I could relax, and unfortunately I had a poorly puppy. Think he was overexcited from the weekend, so all he did was sleep solidly for 24 hours when we got back.

Yesterday I couldn't get going as I was still totally drained from the weekend, as was Bear. But luckily today I am feeling a wee bit brighter, just wish the weather was..lol.

No comments:

Asbestos or not asbestos..that is the question.

Well after my little water leakage disaster in our living room the other day what I thought was going to be a simple insurance claim and a s...