A Day in my Life
Tuesday, July 15, 2008



It's that time again, although I am a day late. Feel free to pop over to Jenny Wren's blog to find out what it is all about. In the meantime here is my contribution.

My day started at a reasonable time for a change. As soon as I woke up I just knew it was going to be one of those days. You know where you just don't feel like doing anything at all. So that's what I did, nothing!! Oh yes I obviously did the necessary chores to keep the house looking tidy and clean but nothing else!!

The added factor was that it was my mother's 62nd birthday, so I had to take a wee trip to the crematorium up the road to place some flowers on her plot.

So anyway I got up, pottered around upstairs before going downstairs to get my first cup of tea of the day. Unfortunately the cup that D had made me, before he left for work at 6.30am, had gone cold. The dogs wanted to go out so I let them out in the garden, and then Olliecat wanted to wander around his territory - all of 10 ft of earth at the back of the garden.. While they were exploring the garden I sat down and pondered the day. Made plans in my head as to what I was going to do and just generally watched the wildlife going by in my garden.

After getting dressed, tidying upstairs and then doing the washing up downstairs I spent a good hour or so watching Big Brother 9 and chatting to some friends online.

After lunch of hoisin duck in a wrap, bought from Asda - I'm not that good at making wraps..lol, anyway after lunch I popped to Asda and bought some lillies to take to the crematorium. They were beautiful and even had 20% extra.. :-)

Drove to the crematorium, saw several magpies along the route - not bad considering the crem is only a 5 minute drive from my house. It was really weird as I was the only one in the carpark, but was so tranquil and plenty of birds singing.

Tidied up mums rose bush and placed the lillies in the vase I had bought recently especially for her plot. I also placed a little plaque by the rose bush saying "Mothers are angels in training". And then took a couple of rose buds from the bush to put in a small vase at home.



I also kept back one of the lilly stems to put in a glass vase to have on the table at home as well.



I stayed at the crematorium for a while just sitting there listening to the birds and being watched by two magpies. Funnily enough I didn't get upset which I was quite surprised at. Maybe it will hit me another time.



I drove back and noticed that the gypsies had finally moved on from along the main road. Thank gods they have gone, but they have left the most awful mess. I am sure they will be back again within the next few weeks. That is what they did last time they were moved on from the same area.

I decided rather than go home I went and visited my friend who lives opposite for a natter and a cuppa :-) So we put the world to rights and her husband and I discussed our school days. It was quite odd really as I didn't know he was even from the same area as me - Gillingham, Kent. He knew of all the old places where I grew up.. We had a lovely time remember the old haunts!!

Had to get home though as I had to feed the animals and D was due home from work. Didn't have to cook dinner as D was doing his stir fry and I can't have the sauces, so my dinner was a ready meal of Jambalya and a chicken and pesto pasta thing.

After dinner I sat down with D and we watched the t.v. and chatted about our days.

And there you have it, that is a day in my life :-)
Flying towards my dreams @1:22 pm
 

 

Comments 2


Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

*My ramblings on life and stitching*

Weather Forecast | Weather Maps


*All about me..*

100 Things About Me
101 things in 1001 days project - updated 21/11/07


::Blogs I read on Bloglines::



CURRENT MOON
moon phase info


Household: Me and DH,

Pets: Ollie 9yr cat, Amy 9yr cat, Jet 6yr dog and Scruffy 7yr dog

Birthday: 11th February

Home: United Kingdom

My Star Sign: Aquarius

R.I.P.:... Patch 20.7.90 - 3.12.02 Barney 30.5.87 - 18.8.05
Mum 14.7.47 - 24.11.06
Smudge 27.08.1988 - 4.9.08
Fred 20.01.99 - 27.08.09

Currently Reading:


*10 Project Challenge...* 8 of 10 finished April 2007


*Wishlist*

My Wishlist


*My Favourite Links*

  • ::Natty's stitching album::
  • ::Rotation Stitchers::
  • ::The Wagon::
  • ::Christmas Ornament SAL Blog::
  • ::Stitching Bloggers::


    *Finished stitching for 2007...*

    Winter Quaker Exchange
    Needlework Smalls Exchange
    Valentines Exchange
    Redwork Exchange
    Birthday Exchange
    Biscornu Exchange
    Our Love of Needlework Exchange
    Spring Quaker Exchange
    ABC Exchange
    Monochromatic Exchange



    *Finished stitching for 2006...*

    AION Valentines Exchange
    Friendship Exchange
    Laura's Quilt piece
    Mail Art Exchange
    Melanie's Exchange
    SBBE Spring Exchange
    House Exchange
    Summer Exchange
    Redwork Exchange
    Spring/Autumn exchange
    Halloween Exchange
    Crazy Cat Lady Exchange
    SBEBB Christmas Ornament Exchange


    *Links*

  • ::Aion Cross Stitch Forum::
  • :: blogskins ::

  • ::Cross Stitch Freebie Gallery::
  • ::Monday Madness::
  • ::THE DAILY MEME::
  • ::The Memes List::
  • ::Tuesday Twosome::
  • ::Witches Weekly::
  • ::Witchvox::
  • ::WOCS::


    Previous | List | Next
    Powered by RingSurf



    *Blogs*

    Blogs [-]
    < < # Girls Blog UK ?

    Stitching Bloggers
    My ramblings list


    *The Past*


    eXTReMe Tracker





    *CREDITS*

    brushes
    camisado