Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A Day in my Life



It's that time again, although I am a day late. Feel free to pop over to Jenny Wren's blog to find out what it is all about. In the meantime here is my contribution.

My day started at a reasonable time for a change. As soon as I woke up I just knew it was going to be one of those days. You know where you just don't feel like doing anything at all. So that's what I did, nothing!! Oh yes I obviously did the necessary chores to keep the house looking tidy and clean but nothing else!!

The added factor was that it was my mother's 62nd birthday, so I had to take a wee trip to the crematorium up the road to place some flowers on her plot.

So anyway I got up, pottered around upstairs before going downstairs to get my first cup of tea of the day. Unfortunately the cup that D had made me, before he left for work at 6.30am, had gone cold. The dogs wanted to go out so I let them out in the garden, and then Olliecat wanted to wander around his territory - all of 10 ft of earth at the back of the garden.. While they were exploring the garden I sat down and pondered the day. Made plans in my head as to what I was going to do and just generally watched the wildlife going by in my garden.

After getting dressed, tidying upstairs and then doing the washing up downstairs I spent a good hour or so watching Big Brother 9 and chatting to some friends online.

After lunch of hoisin duck in a wrap, bought from Asda - I'm not that good at making wraps..lol, anyway after lunch I popped to Asda and bought some lillies to take to the crematorium. They were beautiful and even had 20% extra.. :-)

Drove to the crematorium, saw several magpies along the route - not bad considering the crem is only a 5 minute drive from my house. It was really weird as I was the only one in the carpark, but was so tranquil and plenty of birds singing.

Tidied up mums rose bush and placed the lillies in the vase I had bought recently especially for her plot. I also placed a little plaque by the rose bush saying "Mothers are angels in training". And then took a couple of rose buds from the bush to put in a small vase at home.



I also kept back one of the lilly stems to put in a glass vase to have on the table at home as well.



I stayed at the crematorium for a while just sitting there listening to the birds and being watched by two magpies. Funnily enough I didn't get upset which I was quite surprised at. Maybe it will hit me another time.



I drove back and noticed that the gypsies had finally moved on from along the main road. Thank gods they have gone, but they have left the most awful mess. I am sure they will be back again within the next few weeks. That is what they did last time they were moved on from the same area.

I decided rather than go home I went and visited my friend who lives opposite for a natter and a cuppa :-) So we put the world to rights and her husband and I discussed our school days. It was quite odd really as I didn't know he was even from the same area as me - Gillingham, Kent. He knew of all the old places where I grew up.. We had a lovely time remember the old haunts!!

Had to get home though as I had to feed the animals and D was due home from work. Didn't have to cook dinner as D was doing his stir fry and I can't have the sauces, so my dinner was a ready meal of Jambalya and a chicken and pesto pasta thing.

After dinner I sat down with D and we watched the t.v. and chatted about our days.

And there you have it, that is a day in my life :-)

2 comments:

Cherish said...

Gypsies, wow, I had no clue they still existed.

Thanks for sharing your day!

Anonymous said...

I know that I enjoy my time at the Cemetary...people think I'm strange when I say that lol! But like you Natts, I find the area to be so peaceful & calming.

Of course, there's always a bonus of catching sight of a squirrel, & you can't hear the traffic even though it is literally on a roadside.

My mum was amazed at how many people actually visit the Cemetary on Christmas Day, & we've met some lovely people for a chat.

I look forward to your next update. BMFx

Asbestos or not asbestos..that is the question.

Well after my little water leakage disaster in our living room the other day what I thought was going to be a simple insurance claim and a s...