Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thursday 10th July 2008

I am getting up earlier and earlier - today it was 5.05am. I know it's precise but D was in the shower and I remember looking at the clock, because the news and weather had just come on the radio. Had to get up to let the boys out in the garden. Then when I got back in the smoke alarm started to beep, telling us it needed recharging. Well that was enough for young Jet. He hates that noise, so proceeded to make himself as small as he could up against me while I was laying on the bed, after getting back in. I gave up after 10mins as one trembling dog and one demanding Amycat do not go together!!

Thankfully Jet calmed down and proceeded to play with his tennis ball for a while - daft dog!!

The rain, that had been going all night and all yesterday, had stopped and we even had a blue sky this morning. Still mustn't complain as it has been a welcome relief to all my veggies and plants.

Jet played solidly for half an hour with his tennis ball. He was just running up and down the living room with it. At one point he tried to give it to Olliecat - to say Ollie was not amused was perhaps an understatement :-) Ollie gave Jet one of his famous frowns so Jet tried giving it to Bear then. Poor Bear was trying to sleep. In the end Jet finally gave up and went to sleep in his bed.

Where does the washing come from? I haven't been able to do any washing for a couple of days due to the rain. Now it's a nice day I thought I would try and clear the basket. But I am sure it has been breeding - there is more than three loads. Oh well I might have to give and use the airer if it rains again :-(

Not a long going on in the bird population in our garden. Although I did only fill the feeder up again this morning. It will take them time to realise there is food. Mr and Mrs Dove have been around nearly every day for a bath - except for yesterday when they probably didn't move from their cosy home.

Still no sign of the mouse family, but Mr and Mrs Thrush have obviously been around. I keep finding battered snail shells in neat piles in the garden.

Wanted to make some oat and cherry flapjacks today but on checking the cupboard there are no oats. So that is on hold until I go shopping!!

No comments:

Asbestos or not asbestos..that is the question.

Well after my little water leakage disaster in our living room the other day what I thought was going to be a simple insurance claim and a s...