Saturday, September 10, 2005

MOT's and Petrol

Weird title I know but it summs up this post perfectly..lol.

Had a gruesome wake up this morning, D's alarm went off at 5am. ACK 5am on a Saturday morning,, ugh!! Anyway I didnt get out and into the shower till 6.00am, I just couldnt face the 5am..lol. Now I expect you are wondering why on earth I would want to get up at this unholy hour..well let me tell you. My little green car had to go into be serviced and MOT'd, but the garage is an hours drive away and it had to be there for 8am. So that meant setting off at 7am..ugh!! And of course I had to follow D in his car as I didnt know where on earth I was going, and while my car was in the garage we were going to go to Swanley to investigate their Asda till about midday.

Well I got to the garage safe and sound, and booked the car in and then we toodled off to Swanley. Never again..Swanley is a dive!! It has nothing going for it apart for a huge Asda Superstore. I mean how can they say you can have 4 hours free parking in the carpark, there isnt anything to do. The town centre consists of a collection 10 shops in the square, and thats it!! Wow! So we spent half an hour walking to the Station in the hope that the town centre was somewhere else, but no, after I had asked someone we found out it was where we thought it was.. Back to Asda we toodled, did our weekly shopping, and I treated myself to some new bras. Yep I know exciting eh..lol. Oh and I did buy a new pair of trainers with the tickled pink logo on. So I am pleased with them and shall be trying them out on holiday. Well thats if we go..

Well after trying to kill time in Asda we then poodled back to the garage and sat in the foyer drinking chilled water and watching cricket, for an hour. Now in this time I saw loads of people moving in an out of the garage. It was fascinating to do a bit of people watching, well certainly better than cricket.

The good news is that my little car has passed its MOT for another year, and it didnt need any work done during the service apart from the usual bits, change oil, brake fluid etc.. Although I should bloody hope that it had passed cos the car isnt even 3 years old yet...lol.

And now onto the petrol..D went onto our Asda home here on route home this afternoon from the garage, while I went home and pottered around for a while. Well after he was gone for over half an hour I was starting to get worried, but it turned out that he had to drive around Sittingbourne to find a petrol station that had fuel. YES Asda had run out of fuel - absolutely none available. Am I glad I filled my car up yesterday evening at 9.30pm..although D is now saying that it was me that emptied them of fuel..lol. And while he was trying to find petrol 3 other stations had run out..he did eventually find one but not the same price as Asda..(93.9p per litre) - he ended up paying 96.p per litre.

So it looks like maybe this petrol strike on Wednesday is looking nearer and nearer to happening. So I think we may have to wave goodbye to our holiday in Cornwall this year. :-( Could be an interesting fortnight you can only walk so far in this town..lol

No comments:

Asbestos or not asbestos..that is the question.

Well after my little water leakage disaster in our living room the other day what I thought was going to be a simple insurance claim and a s...