Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Round of applause for England :-)

Should have posted this earlier but stupid me didnt, so am doing it now.. :-) And dont think I am going to be posting more postings each day, I just got lucky today..lol.

Yesterday, good old England won The Ashes. For anyone that doesnt know this is a major cricket game. I'm not normally a follower, but for some reason I watched the final day and thoroughly enjoyed it. And it was an achievement for good old England, considering we are always getting beaten by the Aussies. This is the first time we have won it since 1987 too. And the players arent that bad looking either, much better than they used to look a long time ago...mmmmmmm

Today they did a lap around the main parts of London in a double decker bus, which ended up in Trafalgar Square where there was a massive party in the street, and good old Jerusalem got sung several times.

D wasnt aware of what was going on till he got to work this morning, and the place was surrounded by police. Boy was he a lucky thing, the england cricket team were staying in the hotel next to where he works (HSBC). But he didnt get me any autographs, although he said a few of them did see the the cricket players when they left to do the lap of honour around London.



And for a really spooky coincidence, we were talking about when the last match was won which was 1987 and this one was won this year..and it transpired that my darling Barney was born in 1987, which was when we got her and she died this year 2005. Ok it may not seem spooky to some, but for some reason I am really feeling a strong affinity with this. That cat was definately a special one, and she was my familiar too so of course she was special.!! Every now and again you get a special cat come along and I was fortunate to own that cat :-)

No comments:

Asbestos or not asbestos..that is the question.

Well after my little water leakage disaster in our living room the other day what I thought was going to be a simple insurance claim and a s...