Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Havent posted for a couple of days - so here's a recap..

Had a good mayday weekend :)

Although first thing Saturday morning ws a bit sad as I had to take my lovely little car to the scrapyard. I followed Dave along the main road and really had trouble catching the car up..my little car just didnt want to know. She was making so many odd noises I am sure she knew where she was going. Anyway handed her over and now I am no longer her owner :( It felt so sad, yeah I know shouldnt get so attached to a car but me and her have been through so much during the three years I have had her. I wont forget her as I have one of the number plates, which I am seriously considering transferring over to the Daewoo as it has NAT at the end of it and I doubt if I will ever get another one like that. But I do have the Daewoo to drive now, which is way superior than my little Renault. The only thing I find is I have to watch the speedo a lot as it quickly goes over limit without you realising - damn injection!!!!

Went to the farm, after dropping my car off, to pick up some gorgeous free range eggs. I must admit I am hooked on fresh farm eggs - no more supermarket eggs for us now.

Dave dropped me off at the hairdressers in the village on the way home and I had a lovely session in there having my hair cut and rehighlighted. I came out of there, after two hours, feeling a new person and my hair had lovely highlights in. Will definately be going back, in fact I was so impressed I have made another appointment in June to have the highlights touched up. Then popped over the road into the craft shop, and made friends with Jan, the owner. We chatted away for about an hour and half. She is a lovely lady, and I do hope the shop does well. I will definately be going in there on a regular basis :-)

Once I got home I then dragged poor Dave off to Argos, as I had decided I was going to buy the Dyson Animal hoover that I wanted. So we got it, and boy do I love it. Its the new design with the ball underneath which makes it a lot easier:
This is a what my hoover is :)

Didnt do any stitching Saturday evening as I was shattered, so we sat and watched mindless t.v. all night...lol

Sunday I went mad and completely upstairs. I certainly put the new hoover through its paces, and I was amazed at the results. :-) I spent 4 hours gutting the bedrooms, bathroom and toilet and landing and stairs. And I mean gutting!!! There is not a speck of dust anywhere :-)

Dave cooked dinner as I fell asleep for about 3 hours in the afternoon.

Picked out what I am stitching for my AION Seasonal Cushion Exchange piece, but I cant show a picture till I have sent my piece to my recipient :-)

Monday was another busy day. I spent the morning ironing, yet still my ironing pile doesnt seem to be getting any lower. But the good news is that my washing basket is looking empty as the weather has been glorious all weekend to get all the washing done. Sorted out downstairs and played with the new hoover again - what a surprise !!!

Did a bit of stitching on an RR, but didnt achieve a lot. :-(

Actually had an early night, was in bed for 11pm which is a miracle for me :-)

Ack I am watching a programme called City Hospital, and poor Nick Knowles is talking to a doctor who is holding a prosthetic scrotum and telling him how to check for lumps etc..but he is literally manhandling them and poor Nick is wincing at what he is doing to these fake ones.. Basically they are saying to check for cancer/lumps etc on a regular basis. Now they have switched over to Nadia Swalhila and she is now saying that she thinks her bedtime activities are going to increase as she is going to check her hubby for lumps etc.. Poor Nick has gone beetroot..lol. :-)

No comments:

Asbestos or not asbestos..that is the question.

Well after my little water leakage disaster in our living room the other day what I thought was going to be a simple insurance claim and a s...