Friday, February 03, 2006

Wow - can't believe it...

A couple of years ago in December 2003 I had a car crash on the Cheshire Oaks roundabout in Chester, and although it was clearly not my fault the man that had driven into my path was not at all nice and was determined that I was going to pay for denting his car especially as he used the fact that he had his young son in the car too. Although the police were called out they decided not to do anything as they thought it was 50/50. And so did my insurance company when I put the claim in, and also I hadnt actually claimed for any damage to my car. I mean one more dent on the little red renault I had at the time, didnt really show..lol.

So I kind of forgot about it anyway as the insurance company wrote to me back then and said it was 50/50.

Well talk about a shock this morning, I opened a letter from a solicitor who is acting on behalf of my insurance company as was then, and they have sued the driver of the other car for financial losses to me, and I have a cheque coming to me as they had to go to court because he was refusing to accept responsibility. It turned out he was one of these serial accident people that preyed on cars and submitted false claims, rather like ambulance chasers.

The court apparently found him guilty and have ordered a cheque to be paid to me immediately. I have no idea how much it is, but I was totally blown over considering I had forgotten about it and never even put a claim in for anything.

Funny thing is I had a tarot card reading done back in 2003 in Chester, and one of the things that came up was that I would be involved in a lengthy court case and would eventually win. I thought nothing of it, till today.. Wendy was right. :-) Especially as she had been right on other things that have happened.

I just cant believe it..lol

No comments:

Asbestos or not asbestos..that is the question.

Well after my little water leakage disaster in our living room the other day what I thought was going to be a simple insurance claim and a s...