Friday, February 24, 2006

Cooking and such..

After a not so promising start today, I thought that maybe I wasnt going to get anything done - but I surprised myself for a change.

D came home early tonight as he had to go back to his original office for something so he caught the earlier coach. Wasnt expecting him so he caught me up to my eyes in flour..luckily I had already had my hissy fit earlier when I couldnt find the greaseproof paper..lol.

I was making a banana, apricot and sultana cake - a receipe I found in a Hugh Fearnley Whittenstall cookbook and sorting out the ingredients for my lemon cake. So as I hadnt had chance to cook dinner I opted for a chinese takeaway..mmm scrummy!!

I managed to get all the upstairs and stairs hoovered, as well as the toilet and bathroom cleaned.. And I have just taken out the lemon cake..now that is smelling gorgeous. I think I have finally figured out my fan oven..lol.

I think thats all the cakes I shall do, I am having a mini meeting tomorrow with some friends coming round for a cup of tea and a chat about anything and everything, last count there were six coming. So I think all the cake will get eaten..lol.

And finally here's a photo I took this afternoon of the snowdrops that are growing on Barney's grave..

No comments:

Asbestos or not asbestos..that is the question.

Well after my little water leakage disaster in our living room the other day what I thought was going to be a simple insurance claim and a s...