Wednesday, May 28, 2008

To be a caring friend..

Yesterday was spent being there for a friend. Although it was a quiet day it was a day I was glad that I could do.

Early in the morning I had a Dr's appointment at my local hospital to look over my moles that I was a wee bit worried about. Thankfully they weren't anything to get worried about. I was so relieved that I really felt like crying for some strange reason.

Then it was on to my friends house. I had to sit in the car outside her house for a while as I knew she was at a meeting in town. It was quite a pleasant day considering the dreadful weather we had that night.. Anyway I sat and read my wartime diary book while awaiting my friend. Luckily I didn't have to wait too long as she turned up quite quickly after me getting there.

We then spent a lovely afternoon just doing nothing except chatting and relaxing. We put the world to rights and various other things. Lunch was pleasant, she had got some lovely cheese and onion pastry rolls in which I thoroughly enjoyed. And we drank copious amounts of tea :-)

Unfortunately the afternoon went too quickly and I had to make my way home :-(

It was then a trip to Asda to pick up some cat litter and various bits and then fill up with petrol. I couldn't believe how much petrol had gone up in the space of two days – before the weekend it was 111.9p per litre, and yesterday it was 112.9p per litre. Although when I drove past a couple of other petrol stations near my home petrol ranged from 111.9 to 114.9 – ack!! And if it goes up too much I am going to have to start rethinking whether I can justify using my car as often as I do. I will always make sure that I have enough petrol in the car to get me to my friends' house at least once a month for our girlie day out :-) But I think the days of just popping to the supermarket or the library for a wander around are gone now, I am going to have to go out and combine my trips to the supermarket/library when they are necessary. And this is mainly due to the petrol rise..

Late evening I decided to plant up my seeds that I bought at the weekend – cucumber, carrots and spring onions. I think D thought I had gone mad suddenly going outside at 9.30pm to plant out some seeds.. But then he should be used to the mad things I do by now. :-)

I have to sort out my beetroot seeds, as I am sure I had some of them somewhere, so that I can plant them out today/tonight.

It was a bit of a disturbed night as well as we had terrific thunderstorms and lightening during the night. Bizarrely it was only me and D that woke up, the dogs and cats never stirred.!

No comments:

Asbestos or not asbestos..that is the question.

Well after my little water leakage disaster in our living room the other day what I thought was going to be a simple insurance claim and a s...