Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A Day in the Life of me…

Up early this morning – before 6am. Washing in machine, one load ready to hang on line outside. Next load in machine. Checked on vegetable seedlings. Need to plant out lettuces, they are too big for their seed pots.


Peppers and tomatoes are growing, cabbage plants are getting stronger.
Sat and watched the birds feeding on the feeder in the garden. Noticed the garden is really springing to life. My sambucca plant has got lovely pink flowers on – just about to burst out of bud.

Have noticed how quiet it is in the early morning in my area.

Listened to the radio while having my 2nd cup of tea and mind wandered to what I have to do today. I fanced trying a new dish for tea, the only trouble is I need to get raw king prawns. Have you ever tried to find raw prawns? They are a rarity here in my town for some unknown reason. All I can find is cooked ones. This may be a trip out of area to the bigger supermarket.

Not much of a lunch – it was rather a hit and miss affair. I just rummaged in the fridge and came out with picnic pork pies and some cucumber. So with a bit of salad cream, cucumber and the pork pies it was quite an enjoyable impromtu meal.

After washing up lunch things and a quick tidy around I decided to go and pick up my library books that I had reserved. I also spent a happy hour browsing the war/history section for wartime diaries. I did find a couple and then got chatting to a very nice pensioner who told me a few stories about the war here in Kent. Oh the tales he told. If I could bottle them I would have done.

Then it was onto find these prawns. Well funnily enough I did find them and a few other bits needed to make this curry – although it was the most I had spent on making a curry - £12.00 eeks!!!

So then home to make a couple of phonecalls, check emails and prepare the curry. It wasn't as hard as I thought to make, although it doesn't need a couple of tweaks!! It was thoroughly enjoyed by D and me. And then we both had a relaxing evening watching t.v. together. Even our resident field mouse came out for a late on the bird feeder.

No comments:

Asbestos or not asbestos..that is the question.

Well after my little water leakage disaster in our living room the other day what I thought was going to be a simple insurance claim and a s...