Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Miserable Monday..

The day started wet, and I mean wet!! The wind was howling almost all of the night, and also rained nearly all the night too. I certainly had some flooded empty plant pots – thankfully the plants we bought at the Garden Show on Saturday, were okay. I had visions of opening the curtains and seeing all the veg floating across the lawn!!

It was a quiet day in all. D did some more stripping of wallpaper and I caught up on some TiVo'd programmes.

A friend called round for a cup of tea and a natter this afternoon. She also bought her dog, Beth, round. She is a right little pickle but absolutely loves my dogs, and they love her too. Beth often comes and stays with us while her mum/dad go away overnight or on holiday. She treats our house like a second home now, even to the point that she came and sat in front of the fridge waiting for a piece of ham, as she knows she has a slice when she normally stays here. Cheeky little dog!!

D cooked a nice roast beef dinner, which was a nice change.

An hour was spent ironing in the evening and then I settled down to watch t.v. for a while.

A very quiet Bank Holiday but a wet one!!!!

No comments:

Asbestos or not asbestos..that is the question.

Well after my little water leakage disaster in our living room the other day what I thought was going to be a simple insurance claim and a s...