Thursday, May 22, 2008

Another early start..

The morning started at 6am. I got up when D was getting ready to go to work. Although it probably didn't help that I had Amycat mewing in my ear. I spent a pleasant hour sitting watching the birds in the garden while drinking copious amounts of tea and planning what to do during the day.

I never realised how much I liked this time of the morning. Everyone – man or beast just waking up.!

Mr Blackbird seemed really active this morning, running in and out of the redcurrant bu. I there there maybe the beginnings of a nest in there I have noticed that Mr and Mrs Dove aren't early risers although I did see Mrs Dove fly down to the bird bath but she didn't stay long.

Sat and watched this little sparrow spend a good 10 minutes trying to get a twig off the fence. I think its part of last years dead growth from the passion flower. He was determined to get this twig. He did get it in the end, although there was a lot of flapping of wings and moveing around. If birds could smile I am sure he would have been when he flew off with this huge twig in his beak.

Decided on a takeway for dinner as it was too hot to cook.

Popped to the library to pick up another 8 books – D reakons I should get a season ticket to there the amount of times I am popping in and out. Either that or free reservations for a month, I am keeping them in business with the amount of online reservations I do..

Couldn't believe how hot it was just going from the car to the library. Was going to have quick look around town but decided against it.

Had a nice chay on the computer with some old school friends.

D came home and we had a nice walk to the village, with the dogs, to get our takeaway. The boys loved their early walk and Jet was especially happy as I let him off his lead to play fetch for a while.

We then came home and settled down for the day.

My thought for the day – there is nothing nicer than freshly laundered sheets on the bed Photobucket


No comments:

Asbestos or not asbestos..that is the question.

Well after my little water leakage disaster in our living room the other day what I thought was going to be a simple insurance claim and a s...