Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Thought I would update before going to bed..

Well havent really been on here much as I really haven't had the inclination to update, but I shall now while watching The Dead Zone before bed. Yep its 1.10am and I am still awake - this is getting to be a habit, and a habit I dont like.

Anyway onto the update:-

Last week I received my secret stitch from Violet. It was gorgeous - some threads, some beads, an angel brooch and a dish shaped like wings. It was so adorable :-) There was also a note to say that it was part of another surprise for next month, from something that was on my wish list. Cant wait till next month now..lol.

I have posted my secret stitch piece out so hopefully it will get to my partner very soon, post and airmail willing :-)

I dont seem to be getting anywhere with my stitching though, I keep picking up my RR's but I cant get into them. I have to finish my birthday exchange piece for In The Pink before the end of this week otherwise it wont get to my partner in time. So looks like it will be a mass stitching session. Luckily it shouldnt be too complicated - famous last words!!

I have received my birthday piece for ITP exchange, and I am being very good and havent opened it - although I am so tempted..lol. Shall be a good girl and wait.

Haven't received my coaster yet from WOCS coaster exchange, but I have been told it is on its way. Mine was received just over a week ago, so I am glad it got there all safe and sound. :-)

Had a lovely surprise in the mail this morning :-) Tammy (HolyAnaglypta) sent me a beautiful piece of antique white 32ct silkweavers evenweave, and a Sweetheart Tree Teenie Weenies chart, for sending her some american candy that I managed to get hold of sometime ago. This was lovely of her but totally unnecessary, I did it as friend to another friend :-)

There's been a fair bit kicking off on WOCS the past day or so, and yes I will admit I did get involved considering some of it was aimed at me. And it was all over a harmless query I posted up. Still it just shows that the person that did all the bitching really hasnt grown up yet. Thankfully it hasnt affected me too much, and I have had a lot of support from WOCS members, which surprised me. But I wont say I am not happy that they are talking to me again - its just a relief that the past is now the past and we can all move on :-)

The birds in the garden are still using my lawn as their own private nookie area :-) I am going to have to start charging soon..lol. I think we are going to have to nickname it THe Nursery soon as the thrush is building her nest in my honeysuckle at the bottom of the garden. Another bird is building their nest in the forsythia at the end of the garden, and another thrush is building her nest in the forsythia opposite our front door, right outside my living room window :-)

Spike, our resident blackbird, has been in the garden on a regular basis, at least once a day. He often pops his head in the door and sees whats going on :-) We called him Spike, cos he is a real scruffy blackbird, with a spikey bit of feathers sticking out on his back. But he is a real sweetie :-)

It looks like the harvest mouse has left us, thankfully. After chasing it around the living room yesterday and the dog trying to catch it, I think it gave up and fled out the patio doors while it could. I havent seen any signs of it over night, and it hasnt been staring at me in the kitchen the past couple of nights when I have been in there. Still Dave has orderd a "pest controller" that should be arriving soon, and it works by emitting high pitched sonic waves that affects nearly all pests known to man..lol. Wonder if it will work on Dave :-)

Well I think thats all to put in here, and its now 1.25am and I am heading off to bed.

No comments:

Asbestos or not asbestos..that is the question.

Well after my little water leakage disaster in our living room the other day what I thought was going to be a simple insurance claim and a s...