Friday, June 03, 2005

Weird customs

I have come to the conclusion that America certainly has some weird customs.. Take today, its Doughnut Day..hmm now what on earth does that mean?

Well out of curiosity I did a google search and came up with this - Doughnut Day

Apparently it dates back to 1938 by the Chicago Salvation Army to raise much-needed funds during the Great Depression and to honor the work of World War I Salvation Army volunteers who prepared doughnuts for thousands of soldiers. National Doughnut Day is celebrated annually on the first Friday in June. So my thought is if the Salvation Army did this, does that mean we have Doughnut Day over here? Hmmm I dont think so...

But I bet the Krispy Kreme place in Bluwater will be offering Krispy Kreme doughnuts today. Now I wish I had known of this before the day is almost up, then I could have driven over there and got a free doughnut, as well as gone to do some shopping..lol

No comments:

Asbestos or not asbestos..that is the question.

Well after my little water leakage disaster in our living room the other day what I thought was going to be a simple insurance claim and a s...