Friday, July 15, 2005

Life...

While not a lot happened during the day, apart from my mother's birthday which I hasten to add she did not acknowledge that I had even sent her anything. So I think that tells you what she thinks about our "mother/daughter" relationship...ZILCH!!!

Anyway we were eating tea and I was watching this programme on BBC1, called "Should I worry about.." and boy did it make me realise. Now I am a takeaway lover, although we aren't obsessive on it to the point where we have to have one each week or even day. We normally have a chinese or fish and chips twice a month. Anyway after watching this programme I am going to have to re-evaluate now whether I actually want to eat takeaways again. What they showed certainly turned my stomach..eww!!! Heck I cant even go for KFC, Harry Ramsdens or a McD's as they were all included in the programme..think its going to have to be salads in future when we have a takeaway or something.

Not a lot has been going on today either, weather is hot as per normal. Although at one point we had a beautiful breeze coming through the house. It was bliss, but I think it disappeared between me getting the washing and putting it in the machine..lol.

I have set the patio set up outside with the parasol, so we can sit under it during the balmy evenings. Just have to get some citronella candles to get rid of those nasty flying bugs!!!

Went to sort the dinner out for tonight, thought I would be a good girl and do it all early, but nope even that plan had a flaw! When I got the courgettes (eggplant to my american friends!) out the fridge some bugger had managed to push them to the back of the fridge and they were frozen solid. Now there is nothing worse than a frozen courgette, especially when it has defrosted - it goes all slimey and yucky!! So I quickly sliced it up and threw it in the pan with the onions, ready to cook later - and keeping fingers crossed that it turns out okay. :-)

Wont be around much tomorrow, we are going to the Kent County Show at Detling, which is a huge show. Its agricultural and rural, with a diverse range of things there, such as selling a lawnmower to cars, horse trials, sheep shows and dog trials. They are having a new entry this year which is wolves..now these I want to see as I absolutely love these animals. For anyone that is interested here is the website: "Kent County Show"

So I will update when I get back, and hopefully will have photos too :-)

No comments:

Asbestos or not asbestos..that is the question.

Well after my little water leakage disaster in our living room the other day what I thought was going to be a simple insurance claim and a s...