Friday, July 08, 2005

Terrible couple of days..


Well where do I start? The last 36 hours have been a nightmare.

Yesterday at midday I got a phonecall from my MIL to say that she was in hospital at Ashford. They had been on the coach travelling to Canterbury from Eastbourne and were halfway when my FIL slumped over and suddenly went very cold and clammy. Thankfully they had a retired nurse on the coach with them and she took one look at him and called the emergency services. My FIL was rushed to hospital, where he was still unconcious on arrival. He had apparently had a stroke :-(

So I had to get OH to get home from London as quick as he could, I drove to Ashford to meet his train and then we drove to the hospital.

Well it turns out he has had a stroke, his left side is affected and his speech is slurred. But thankfully he is alive.

We eventually got home .

Then today OH went into work as normal, even though I said to him that I didnt want him to go. Gods I wished he had stayed at home!! Anyway he went in as normal.

Well when I get home I have a couple of messages from OH to tell me that I was not to worry but there had been an explosion at Aldgate station and he was wounded but okay. Errr wounded!!!!!!!!!! My god my worst nightmare has come true!!

I put the news on and wish to gods I hadnt, the capital has ground to a halt!! There had been several explosions at underground stations. And Aldgate was one of them :-(

Anyway DH came home eventually, and boy was I relieved to see him. I have never been so glad to see my husband as I was tonight. He is okay and I am just thankful he is alive.

Then later this evening we get a phonecall to say that DH's cousin has lost her battle with leukiemia, after fighting it for so many years it finally claimed her. She didnt die alone thankfully, her eldest son Carl (who is 18yrs) was with her. Sadly her husband Steve couldnt get there in time to say goodbye. Which is so sad. But as was said on the phone they had been prepared for it for a fair while, and it was really just a matter of time.

I am in shock as to what has happened the last couple of days. They say these things happen in threes but gods surely not like this.

Tonight I offered up a prayer to the goddess that my family has been kept safe and that she will guide Tina safely to the summerlands.

*Tomorrow is another day as they say!*

No comments:

Asbestos or not asbestos..that is the question.

Well after my little water leakage disaster in our living room the other day what I thought was going to be a simple insurance claim and a s...