Monday, December 19, 2005

Had a disaster - hit the car :-(

Came back from the library earlier and I had a prang in the car. :-( We have a small metal fence going around our front garden, just stopping short of the driveway, well I have driven on and off my drive for years with no problems. And this time guess what?? I scratched the car big time on the metal fence post..:-( I have a lovely 2ft scratch, with a dent, in the side just under the decorative bumper along the side.

To say I was shocked and shaken is an understatement. I was dreading telling D, as it was his car till he gave it to me. Well now it has been truly christened by me..a three year old immaculate car with a terrific scratch down the side..lovely..!!! Oh well at least we know its mine now. lol

I told D about it and all he said was "make sure you cover the scratch up before it gets rusty", oh brilliant that was the last thing I was actually thinking about at the time.. So guess what I did..yep I had some glitzy dark green nail varnish, that is the exact match to the car.. Yep you have guessed it, I covered up the scratch with the nail varnish. It looks good too, you wouldnt know it was nail varnish. D laughed when I told him, but agreed it was a good choice.

Anyway have decided not to drive for a couple of days,as this bloody flu has left me totally drained.

No comments:

Asbestos or not asbestos..that is the question.

Well after my little water leakage disaster in our living room the other day what I thought was going to be a simple insurance claim and a s...