Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Its late, I'm bored so here's my ramblings..

Well I am sitting here watching yet another evening of "Hells Kitchen", and for those that don't know what it is, go here: Hell's Kitchen. Not even sure why I have it on...probably cos I can't be bothered to turn the t.v. over..lol. Although I will admit its quite funny watching Gary Rhodes and Jean-Christophe lose the plot with their "chefs", jeeze the trainees they have cant cook for toffee. Hell even my mother could do a better job and thats saying something. Some of the clientele haven't even had anything to eat yet, well apart from a couple of bread rolls and some soup, Gary Rhodes keeps sending the food back cos he doesnt like the look of it.

Watched the Nicole Kidman version of "The Stepford Wives" at the weekend and found it brilliant. It was so comical it had me giggling away. Now wonder if DH would notice if I became a stepford wife..lol. Now that is an idea, I could become the perfect housewife - have his dinner ready for him every night, no takeaway food - all home cooked, the ironing all up straight and put away as soon as it was washed and dried, the house spotless - not a thing out of place and definately no clutter, baking cakes for said DH and other niceties. Always being nicely turned out, with my hair done every day instead of pulled into a ponytail. Ooooh now wouldnt that be fun..lol. Funnily enough my mum told me about 10 years ago I was turning into a Stepford Wife type person, I even had the frilly aprons etc.. she thought I was definately not a well person. Well it was at the beginning of my breakdown so that explains it. I still have the aprons though tucked away in the wardrobe. :-) Oooh I am so tempted to try this little experiment out..wonder if my psychiatrist would think I had definately lost the plot..lol. Hmmm keep tuned for updates to see if I do go ahead with this.

Have been watching Dog The Bounty Hunter at nights, oooh what a good programme. I am totally amazed at how compassionate this guy is, he looks like he could crush you with one sweep of his arm but he is a pussycat when necessary. Wonder why we didnt find this programme before? Oh yeah I know its on Bravo and we very rarely put that channel on, but I think we may be rediscovering the delights of this channel :-)

Have sorted out the Dragon Floss threads to send to Jo, and popped them in an envelope ready for DH to post tomorrow on his way to work. Also sorted out a card for Tabs and Angel, after the sudden loss of their mum. Must sort a card out for Michelle thanking her for the JCS mags, well the one from last month and the one that is in transit. That is so sweet of her. Its nice to find there are people out there that are good and have no ulterior motives. :-)

Hmm what else, well I havent done any stitching today so I must do some tomorrow. Hey that could be part of my Stepford Wife routine too..once the house and cooking is all done I can sit down and do an hour or so of stitching :-)

Oooh I'm hungry so am off to hunt out a marmite sandwich and a mug of horlicks..mmmm scrummy!!!

No comments:

Asbestos or not asbestos..that is the question.

Well after my little water leakage disaster in our living room the other day what I thought was going to be a simple insurance claim and a s...