Friday, April 22, 2005

I saw in in your eyes...

I saw this on another blog, and I do hope Broken Dreams doesnt mind me borrowing this..I think its lovely and yes it does kind of touch a chord:

I saw it in your eyes

When you walked in, I quickly understood that you
weren't fooling around. That everything that had come
before was now over.

And, my first hint was your eyes. They were silver.
Purified by the suffering you had gone through.
Sanctified by the pain.

And it was then that I remembered that you
had been on a journey. A dust and dirt road back to
who you were, and onward to who you might become.
If you could just find the courage.

Well, apparently, you found it.
Because when the door first opened and the
faces turned to watch you walk in, we immediately
knew that you were no longer who you used to be.

No longer that person who would instantly apologize
for taking someone's time just because you
noticed them glancing at their watch.

No longer that person who would quietly wait for
help in a store because you figured some other
customer was more important.

No longer that person who waited weeks for
someone to return your call.

Instead, you moved on.

Moved on to knowing that you deserve respect
and returned calls. That you are everything
grand and good, with just a touch of shadow
thrown in to make you interesting.

And, tonight, when you walked in, I saw something
else in your eyes, too. Deep, where you and eternity meet,

I saw what I could be. If I did what you had done.
So, now, having decided, I'm ready.

If you don't believe me, just look in my eyes.

No comments:

Asbestos or not asbestos..that is the question.

Well after my little water leakage disaster in our living room the other day what I thought was going to be a simple insurance claim and a s...