A pondering thought about souls..
Wednesday, November 16, 2005

I have been giving this a lot of thought recently, well mainly since we have had Ollie my 5 year old cat.

Barney was a special cat, some would call a familiar, the way she behaved around me. She was always there with me when I was distressed, knew when I was coming home from somewhere etc.. she was in tune with my moods, in tune with absolutely everything about me. She had her funny little quirks, some were annoying and some were endearing.. But what I did know is that Barney would never leave me in life or even in death. She was truly a special cat and I was honoured to be her owner. But what I have noticed is that Ollie is doing absolutely everything that Barney used to do, sleep in her favourite places, sit in all her places.. know when I am upset, everything..as in he is in tune with me. And this is only after 6 weeks of owning him.

What I have been thinking is, is it possible for a soul of a cat that died to go into a cat that has been living for a while. As in the living cat almost takes on the dead cats soul I suppose, but still have their own quirks etc.. Now bearing in mind Ollie is 5, and Barney was 18y when she died - this just doesnt seem possible but it seems to be. Barney was still living when Ollie was born, so it cant be possible can it?

It is really weird, when Ollie is near me it is like Barney is there too. Ollie curls up with me at night while I am on the laptop in exactly the same places that Barney did, he even sleeps outside the airing cupboard door in exactly the same position that Barney used to be in.. it is so eerie.

When Ollie looks at me, it is almost as though he is looking deep into my soul with his eyes, as though he knows what I am thinking, as though he has known me before.

How can this be, when we have only had him for 6 weeks..
Flying towards my dreams @12:39 pm

Comments 0


Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

*My ramblings on life and stitching*

Weather Forecast | Weather Maps


*All about me..*

100 Things About Me
101 things in 1001 days project - updated 21/11/07


::Blogs I read on Bloglines::



CURRENT MOON
moon phase info


Household: Me and DH,

Pets: Ollie 9yr cat, Amy 9yr cat, Jet 6yr dog and Scruffy 7yr dog

Birthday: 11th February

Home: United Kingdom

My Star Sign: Aquarius

R.I.P.:... Patch 20.7.90 - 3.12.02 Barney 30.5.87 - 18.8.05
Mum 14.7.47 - 24.11.06
Smudge 27.08.1988 - 4.9.08
Fred 20.01.99 - 27.08.09

Currently Reading:


*10 Project Challenge...* 8 of 10 finished April 2007


*Wishlist*

My Wishlist


*My Favourite Links*

  • ::Natty's stitching album::
  • ::Rotation Stitchers::
  • ::The Wagon::
  • ::Christmas Ornament SAL Blog::
  • ::Stitching Bloggers::


    *Finished stitching for 2007...*

    Winter Quaker Exchange
    Needlework Smalls Exchange
    Valentines Exchange
    Redwork Exchange
    Birthday Exchange
    Biscornu Exchange
    Our Love of Needlework Exchange
    Spring Quaker Exchange
    ABC Exchange
    Monochromatic Exchange



    *Finished stitching for 2006...*

    AION Valentines Exchange
    Friendship Exchange
    Laura's Quilt piece
    Mail Art Exchange
    Melanie's Exchange
    SBBE Spring Exchange
    House Exchange
    Summer Exchange
    Redwork Exchange
    Spring/Autumn exchange
    Halloween Exchange
    Crazy Cat Lady Exchange
    SBEBB Christmas Ornament Exchange


    *Links*

  • ::Aion Cross Stitch Forum::
  • :: blogskins ::

  • ::Cross Stitch Freebie Gallery::
  • ::Monday Madness::
  • ::THE DAILY MEME::
  • ::The Memes List::
  • ::Tuesday Twosome::
  • ::Witches Weekly::
  • ::Witchvox::
  • ::WOCS::


    Previous | List | Next
    Powered by RingSurf



    *Blogs*

    Blogs [-]
    < < # Girls Blog UK ?

    Stitching Bloggers
    My ramblings list


    *The Past*


    eXTReMe Tracker





    *CREDITS*

    brushes
    camisado