Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Wooohooo...finally got the new modem..plus..........

I am running at a total of 10mb :-)

Good old telewest have upgraded us from 4mb to 10mb, and the difference in speed is absoutely mind blowing. I cant believe how quick everything is loading up. Its almost like the page loads before you blink..lol.

Although I must admit I really didnt think we were going to get this new modem. The technician was booked to come between 8-12pm today, so I got up at 6.30am. Now this is a miracle in itself as I am not a morning person, in fact I dont normally get up before 9am. Well I must admit after getting myself showered and dressed and ready for 8am, I did over 3 hours of ironing..blimey I never realised I had that much ironing. In fact I actually have another 3 hours worth left to iron if I am realistic. :-( But at least I am making headway :-)

Anyway it got to 12pm and no sign of engineer, so I rang Telewest to see where the nice man had gone. Only to find out that it hadnt been booked..AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH I had booked it back on 26th October..grrr Anyway they booked an emergency appointment for between 4 and 7pm tonight, but the nice man turned up at 4pm deadon and the switchover of the old modem to the new modem was painless.

I am so happy...it is running like a dream :-)

No comments:

Asbestos or not asbestos..that is the question.

Well after my little water leakage disaster in our living room the other day what I thought was going to be a simple insurance claim and a s...