Friday, November 04, 2005

Woohoo its friday.. I think!!

Well today has been a bit up in the air. What with having to go to the Dr's for my flu jab :( Yep I actually got asked to go along to have a flu jab cos I am diabetic and have asthma, and here's me been avoiding the jab for the past god knows how many years..lol. Now whats the betting I get blooming flu this year...lol.

Anyway then I had to pick D's prescription up , why do the flipping local chemistsd around us have to be shut on a Saturday now - if its not enough our Dr's is shut on a Saturday now the chemists are following suit..lol. Anyway we now have his antihistamines for the next two months..:-)

I also finally went up to the local hospital near me to have my blood taken - yep its only taken me 6 months to get the blood taken. I honestly dont have a fear of needles..honest!!! So now I am going to have a lovely bruised arm..grr!!!

Had good post arrive this morning, the new and uptodate interface card arrived for my computer was delivered from Amazon. This is brilliant service as I only ordered it Wednesday night at 10pm..lol. Also the photos that I had developed from Asda.co.uk arrived as well this morning - they were also ordered at 10pm Wednesday night :-) Brilliant service from both companies.. But I shall definately be using Asda to develop my pictures again, all you have to do is download your photos from your digital camera to your computer, then upload to a folder on the Asda website and then they develop them from that folder - aaah the joys of modern technology.

Must admit I was absolutely shattered today as we had D's carers assessment last night. A lovely man called Peter came to the house and was absolutely brilliant. He has put Ds name through to a couple of support workers in the area and they will be getting in touch with him..plus he was actually encouraged to go out to a couple of meetings and outings they go on.. that I have to see..he doesnt go out anywhere on his own..lol. Anyway the good news is that we are finally going to get the support for D, so he isnt going through coping with me on his own..not that I am that bad its just at least he now knows he can interact with other people that are caring for someone who is going through what I am.

Also had another bit of good news when D came home last night - he has got another job. Woohoo!! Well its still in the bank but its in the new glass tower at Canary Wharf. He's on the 23rd floor, there's something like 60 floors..lol. Scary! The weird bit is he didnt even have an interview - he was at the right place at the right time..plus he was talking to an old mate and he introduced him to one of the directors who was pretty impressed with D. The upshot of it is that this director called D's boss yesterday afternoon to ask for him to be released, as they were going to offer him the job. D is absolutely over the moon, more money, less working hours and travelling hours - so he's happy. I'm not cos it means he will be at home a bit more often..aaaack!! Oh well we can work around that I imagine..lol.

So thats it really I think.. I am still stitching, and I am hoping to stitch a couple of Christmas ornaments this weekend :-)

No comments:

Asbestos or not asbestos..that is the question.

Well after my little water leakage disaster in our living room the other day what I thought was going to be a simple insurance claim and a s...